Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Scared no more

I have not been writing in this blog because frankly I have been scared and embarrassed. I announced to myself and on this blog that I was going to go to culinary school. I used finances as an excuse to not going but it was because I was afraid. I was afraid I was to old and to fat. I have let my body and mind live in fear and the results are not pretty. The thing is there is still that seed, that wonderful scary seed that says this is what I love and could be my second act. Tomorrow I am going to El Centro and registering for their culinary arts program. No more excuses. I have started a real weight loss program. I am going to walk or exercise everyday for at least 20 minutes. I will not have any sodas;.I will not eat after 6pm. I will not eat any processed foods. I will accurately monitor my progress daily. That’s about all I can handle for now so hopefully I will get into cooking shape in time for classes to start in January

2 comments:

  1. Minh you have a beautiful smile and heart. I can tell because the way you raise your kids. I know, we have lost touch in the past but the Minh I remembered was a exuberant, charming, and kind person. I understand how it is to one day wake up and not know who the person in the picture is. You are busy taking care of everyone but yourself. This time it should be only about 'you'. Take baby steps and you will get thru it one day at a time. I have every faith in you and that you will be the person you are meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I was in the business for over 5 years before I thought about going to Culinary School. After attending a six month program here in Colorado. I have been able to go to France, have offers to intern in a few notable restaurants, travel to cook in remote locations and love cooking every day.

    ReplyDelete